These Terms will be applicable to any agreement between us for the provision of Services to you (Contract). The services we provide include enabling the collection and analysis of blood specimens (Tests) as well as the processing and communication of the outcomes of the Tests (results reports) which incorporate feedback from certified medical practitioners (GP feedback).
It is important that you read and comprehend these Terms before purchasing our services. When you are placing an order, you will need to accept these Terms. If you decide not to accept these Terms, we will not be able to provide you with any of our services.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
We operate the website www.examineme.co.uk. We are Lab Technologies Limited (trading as ‘examine me’), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 14103591. The registered address of examine me is Unit 146 The Light Box, 111 Power Road, Chiswick, Greater London, W4 5PY.
Only individuals aged over 18 years old may purchase or use our services.
It is not permissible to utilise our services for medical emergencies. If you believe you are facing a medical emergency, you should immediately leave our website and contact 999. Our website and its contents are not suitable for emergency health care.
On our website, we will walk you through the steps for placing an order. Please make sure to check for and make corrections to any mistakes that you find in your request through each page of the ordering process.
After you have put in your order, we will send you a confirmation email that verifies the order has been successfully accepted (Order Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be created when we have sent, and you have received the Order Confirmation.
In cases where we are unable to perform a Test for you, we will not verify your order or send an order confirmation, and we will notify you of this by email. If we have already taken your payment, we will offer you a complete refund (including all additional shipping fees) within one working week of our email.
3. When you receive a test kit you must read and follow all of the sample collection instructions carefully to provide your sample and then send it back to us the same day the blood sample has been taken. Any delay in returning the sample to us will increase the risk of test failure and the blood test needing to be repeated. We can not run tests on samples that are more than 7 days old.
4. In the event that you fail to collect enough blood using a finger prick kit, we may at our discretion send you a complimentary test kit and ask you to redo the process without any additional cost. We may also provide you with the option to have your blood sample taken by a phlebotomist, in which case there would be a fee that we will inform you of at the time. Until you have chosen whether to request a replacement test kit or to book and pay for a phlebotomy appointment, we will not provide any other services.
5. The approximate time for processing and providing the test results can be seen on our website. This is merely a suggestion and not binding or a fundamental part of the agreement. If your results are not ready within 15 days of us receiving your sample, we will provide you with a full refund, and your contract with us will be terminated.
3. If your Test results are abnormal, we may disclose your personal information to an associated healthcare professional who will give us responses that we will subsequently pass on to you. Furthermore, if your results show a medical emergency, the associated healthcare professional may get in touch with you via email or telephone call to strongly suggest that you seek immediate medical assistance.
4. We may employ external companies to provide portions of our services. To ensure that our services are fulfilled, we will need to share your personal information, such as your name and contact details, with these third-party companies. These third-party companies include:
3. Our responsibility to you in relation to a Contract will be limited to the amount of money you have paid us, meaning that, in the worst case scenario, you are eligible to receive a full refund but nothing further.
4. Specifically, we are not responsible for any losses, delays, disturbances, or harm that you experience due to:
Rules have been set in place regarding the use of social media to ensure that our staff members are treated respectfully and that a systematic way of handling a person’s exclusion from our social media platforms can be implemented if needed.
We have created a series of guidelines that aim to ensure that all users of our social media outlets have a pleasant experience:
If a social media user violates these regulations on two occasions, they will be blocked from our social media channels.
This document was last updated on January 25th 2023.